Pre Market Funding is available to members in the Pre Market membership category to offset the costs of initial market exploration or market development. Applicants must demonstrate how this activity is related to relevant market research and qualified opportunities that have been identified as part of their business strategy or expansion plans.
- Be a STEP Pre Market Member, in good standing, planning to develop or producing an exportable product or service to markets outside of Saskatchewan, with at least 50% Saskatchewan content;
- Be in full compliance with all government laws and regulations;
- Be currently an incorporated business, partnership or proprietorship based in Saskatchewan and must be a registered company (federally or provincially) for a minimum of one year;
- Be able to potentially provide a related market research, written strategy or a market development plan for their company;
- Pre Market Funding is designed to help reduce market-entry risk for Saskatchewan based companies.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate economic benefit to the province.
- The non-repayable contribution will not exceed $1000.00 CAD
- One approved application for the year
The following are eligible costs for up to 50% reimbursement based on receipts received for eligible costs to a maximum of $1000.00 CAD annually.
- Return airfare for up to two representatives (lowest form of economy).
- Accommodations for up to two representatives.
- Trade show passes/registration fees for up to two representatives
Meeting eligibility criteria does not imply automatic access to program assistance.
For complete details relating to costs eligible under the Pre Market Funding Program, qualification criteria, or to apply, please contact:
Sara Beckel, Membership Coordinator
Telephone: 306 798 4651