The STEP International Business Trip Support Service is available to Regular Members who are looking to plan and execute market development missions and trips on their own. STEP can work with members to choose a market, assist them in various aspects of the travel and business program. The member will then carry out the business trip suitable to their own timing.
The member’s responsibility is to travel to the desired market, gather market information, and meet with pre-qualified prospects. STEP’s efforts enable the member to focus on the company’s sale of their products/services while maximizing their time in market. The team of STEP Trade Development professionals will:
- Meet with the STEP member to determine the target market.
- Clarify objectives – defining the objective of business travel.
- Explore any sources of financial assistance.
- Develop a list of in-market contacts.
- Advice on approaching the in-market contacts.
- Approaching in-market prospects.
- Assistance with travel arrangements.
- Exporter trip to the market.
- Post-travel debriefing and follow-up.
The International Business Trip Support Service is available to Regular Members and can be used to a maximum of two times per STEP business year (April 1 – March 31). Additional usage of the service is available at additional fees. Market Intelligence services used for the service will not count against annual current utilization caps.
STEP members should allow 10 – 12 weeks advance notice of the actual travel dates to allow STEP staff to properly assist them in fully utilizing the program. If Market Intelligence is required, the advance notice period will be 6 – 8 weeks prior to the actual travel.
Where to Start?
Simply contact STEP for more information by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-888-976-7875.